Leave a Legacy
Those who wish to make a measurable difference to conservation and a contribution to South Africa’s sustained natural heritage through their estate can make a bequest to the Mabula Ground Hornbill Project. In so doing, the deceased’s estate is able to claim the bequest as a deduction and save the estate up to 20% of the value of the bequest in estate duty.
What is a legacy or a bequest?
A sum of money, items of property or possessions left in a last living will/ testament to another person, group, organisation or charity.
How do I change my existing will to add the Mabula Ground Hornbill Project?
You can easily add a section, which is called a codicil, and name the Mabula Ground Hornbill Project. A codicil is prepared and signed and then read together with your will.
How can I remember the Mabula Ground Hornbill Project in my will?
We recommend you take the wording suggested below to your advisor for their information and appropriate incorporation in your estate plan:
“I bequeath to the Mabula Ground Hornbill Project (MGHP), a Non-Profit Organisation registered as 016-183 and a registered Public Benefit Organisation, PBO Registration number 13/00/00/723.”
I further express the wish that such bequest be used for the general purposes of conserving the Endangered Southern Ground-Hornbill and it’s habitat for future generations.”
There are different types of bequests, and you may select any one or a combination of the options below:
• Balance of your estate after caring for your loved ones
• A specific amount of money
• A percentage or portion of your estate
• The residue of the estate. This could include real estate, vehicles, art, antiques, jewellery, shares, or unit trusts (to name a few).
• A life insurance policy. You can nominate MGHP as the beneficiary on a new or existing policy, or if the policy is no longer needed, its ownership can be ceded to us.
Kindly let us know when you have named Mabula Ground Hornbill Project in your will or trust so that we may acknowledge you as a Conservation Legacy in our Annual Reports and website.
Please email us for more information.